Hi Lane.  It's good to see you are still kicking.  I have not done much since
the publication of my book.
Occasionally I update it, but I consider my work to be done.  For sure, there
is no money in it.
Even with the help of your web page, that attracted thousands of viewers, I
still did not sell many books.  In economic terms a continuing effort in this
area, for me, is fully diminished.  I believe we are all there.

My latest effort is in writing apps.  They can sell them for 99 cents.  It has
not been easy.  I first downloaded the programming module, Ellipse.  It was
obsolete.  Now I upgraded to Android Studio.  My computer would not run Android
Studio and I had to load a software hardware accelerator.   This required
getting into the computer's BIOS and manually changing it.   Finally, gasp,
Android Studio and the cell phone emulator were running on my computer.

The next steps proved equally confounding.  The Java operating system confuses
me.  If you want to make something simple like  draw circle of radius r; you
have to make a code that looks like this:
@ overide mycircile extends package ....

In short, I could not get the Java to draw even a simple circle.  So then I
tried to download the C++ Andriod compiler NDK.  Nothing happened to the
Android Studio operator's page after the download.  C++ is sure not compiling.
Darn, I know how to draw a circle in C++.  Its involves only one line of code.

The Android code comes bundled in several packages.  One of them is XML.  Yes,
you got to do them all to draw a simple circle.  It requires about 6 programs
and 40 lines of code.  XML was a way to encapsulate data.  For example, if you
had web page that was static and you wanted to add something dynamic like
today's temperate; you would have the server send the temperature to the web
page bundled in an XML data file.  A Java Script in the HTML page would pull in
the XML data and display it within the static web page.

Android XML does not carry data.  It displays a static view similar to HTML.
There is not way to send data to the android XML.  I am so confounded that I am
ready to give up.  The next time I see those little Androids riding on the
buss, I will know that they are crazy mad.

Good work Lane and commend you for your perseverance.  For now, I gave up.

Frank Z