cold fusion really have a problem.
I've seen very conservative science forum like future science, bloggers
start with a bang, or goatguy being unable to accept anything on cold
fusion , despite busines, circumstantial, kilowatt, 50 sigma, isotopic,
varied or identical replications... while they were considering EmDrive
with skepticism, and accepting dark matter, or well known consensus based
on recently experimentally refuted theories...

i was shocked to see the way FTL neutrino were considered more easily while
it was simply one instrument making one measurement

my vision is to propose two fact :
- cold fusion is now a meme and like belief in god, or cholesterol from
food theory, it cannot be refuted despite any evidence without huge shocks
to the population (of scientists)
- globally moderns science focus more on theory, on models, on mathematics,
 than on experimental results
- globally modern science trust more big and complex instruments and
scientific teams, and less simple and small science.
- globally modern western society support negative vision more than
positive possibilities.

if you see current consensus science, and scientific debates, you see that
is is a general problem.
cold fusion is not so specific, but by it's importance, and by the fact
that it accumulate all the reason to be rejected :

- no theory (moreover material science facing high energy physics)
- small science (moreover chemistry facing physicists)
- positive
- officially debunked