If an ideal magnetic wave form is applied to a proton in the nucleus, the
spin of the proton can receive energy from the magnetic spin field if the
impedance of the two waveforms are matched. This added energy can increase
the energy level of the proton enough to transform the proton into a
neutron. About 400,000 electron volts of added magnetic spin energy are
required to transform a proton into a neutron inside the nucleus.

This EMF mechanism is the way isotopic shifts occur in LENR.

It is important to understand that the magnetic waveform that excites the
proton must be of an ideal matching charactor to get the proton to
transform. Not any old magnetic waveform will do this job.