Why is Rossi spending the best part of the little life that he has
remaining in a shipping container for 18 hours a day? What makes a person
sacrifice all the pleasures that remain in his life.  What is the goal?
What is the motivation.
IMHO, What makes Rossi tick is a tight connection between the EGO of Rossi
and his E-Cat. He cannot give control of this device to someone else. Like
Joe Papp, Rossi will never tell anybody how it works; valid patent or no.
Rossi does not trust anyone with the secrets that are so close to defining
the very tap root of his soul. The reported replication by Parkhomov must
have shaken him deeply. But he has a hoard of secrets  stashed away in his
hope chest of still remaining secrets to keep the power of his discovery
reserved only to him.