Hello Vincent,
I could not agree more. Large and aged private enterprises suffer from the
same decease.
There is no way that a CEO or department head can make a culture penetrate
the organization of age and size.
The hope is that even large organizations are allowed to fail. Not like
many financial organizations and GM to take examples when the 'buddies' in
government with unlimited funds (read our money) saved the behind of top
management that should have had to leave.
I hope I do not come across as not being civil.
I agree that one has to live with the beast we designed. That does not mean
that I think it is all well. On the contrary.
It wont make dramatic improvements in my life time. However, it has to
start somewhere. To develop new technology , i.e. LENR, the right
conditions need to be at hand. I hear constant complains about that LENR is
underfunded because all people who sits on the money do not understand
better. Reality is that there is only one source. It is enormous and one
would think that a small risk would be easy to take. No, reality is that
there is no risk worthwhile the ramification of a failed result of LENR and
there is no upside for a good outcome. Such good outcome will just be
rewarded with a gold star by the closest boss. Have no controversial hot
fusion (I think that there is no controversial opinion about that it would
work with the right temperature and encapsulation)  receive the funding and
then if it does not work everybody (read nobody being the same guy) needs
to be blamed. The positive result will be treated the same way regardless
of the project. my solution means small flexible task oriented
organizations rewarded for taking risk.

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899
202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment
to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM