From: Jed Rothwell

> I believe tax evasion is the national pastime in Italy….

And that makes it ok? Heck, just blame the prosecutor… somebody had it in for
him, right?

The point is that Rossi cheated when a lot of money was at stake. Not once, but
many times. Would he do it again with scientific data, if lots of money was at
stake?

The important thing which matters to many scientists who are trying to
understand this very important reaction, is that it is extremely likely that
Rossi deliberately added a pure isotope to the ash of the Lugano testing. His
motive for that is not clear, but someone did it (with the same probability of
a DNA match). I’m sure his many supporters rationalize a way for Rossi to avoid
blame for that as well…. after all, he doesn’t owe anyone a duty to provide
honest data, so why not cheat?