On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Also muomic atoms occur—a +muon and an electron.

This sounds like positronium -- a positron and an electron momentarily
bound together.  The positronium system is unstable, and the most likely
decay is for the two to annihilate one another, emitting annihilation
photons in opposite directions.

What is really interesting to me about the suggested +muon/electron system,
or a muon/positron system, is that the masses are not equal.  My intuition
tells me that the matter/anti-matter combination should result in
annihilation, but I'm really curious what the decay products would be.

Eric