Since muon beam-lines are a reality at a few research facilities, there is a
fair likelihood that a physical connection between LENR and muons will be
proved (or falsified) in the near term – hopefully soon. If Holmlid has enough
prestige or favorable opinion in the eyes of his peers, then this could happen
within months, due to the importance of his recent findings on muons.

Two or more potential details of interest keep cropping up - wrt to the muon
and LENR.

One is the possibility of muonic hydrogen having an emission line at 3.5 keV,
which could make it a strong candidate for so-called “dark matter” … There
seems to be differences of opinion on the value of this line, since there is a
scaling factor involved, and the accepted values are in the range of 2.5 keV.
In any event, for purposes of LENR, soft x-rays in this range are easily
absorbed and could have escaped detection in the past… thus providing a
convenient but robust source for excess energy which has been documented.

 <http://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/9709028> http://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/9709028

Correspondingly - there seems to be a decent chance that the DDL, the densest
from of hydrogen, which is the lowest Rydberg level, could form with a muon as
the negative charge carrier, instead of the “plain electron” (or in addition to
the plain electron).

Actually, lest we forget - a muon is, in all likelihood, merely a plain
electron combined with two neutrinos !

That description may not be a gross over-simplification. In fact, it could be
helpful to imagine the two neutrinos as being the power supply of the muon,
pushing its plain electron to near C naturally. That combination (of a plain
electron and two neutrinos) is the basic rationale for why we can surmise that
a long-lived version of the muon exits in certain circumstances (for the reason
below).

The stable muon would need to travel at very close to light-speed to be stable,
and time dilation is absolutely proved in this case. We know that the neutrino
components “always” travel at C and we know that muons traveling at 99.9999% of
C live 10,000 times longer than normal. Therefore, if and when the
plain-electron of hydrogen, in a deeply redundant ground state, naturally
attracts these two neutrinos (which could happen in favored orbitals, due to
resonance), then we have a stable version of muonic hydrogen, which could be
identical to the DDL.

The other possibility, for which there is more proof, is that the nuclear mass
of the proton changes with a muon orbital, compared to a plain electron. The
muon produces a stronger magnetic field inside the proton when it is orbiting,
which changes the “chiral condensate” of pions and quarks, which changes the
value of the proton mass. Quarks themselves have variable mass. This is
important - to show that protons can supply large amount of energy without
fusing into anything (other than lighter protons).

DDL being equivalent to muonic hydrogen… wow… that is a shocker, no?

… stable muonic hydrogen being real identity of dark matter… why not?

You heard it first on vortex….

Jones