To paraphrase what Bob has said and cited, there is little possibility of a
spin problem, when it is proposed that the SPP can extend the lifetime of muons
(as opposed to creating them from nothing).

I think that we all agree that “extending the lifetime” of a catalytic particle
like the muon, where there is already a flux coming from the natural source –
is functionally identical to “making” them anew. In either case, a higher
population accumulates. Since any interaction with protons would happen within
the geometry of the strong force, it is subject to QCD, and consequently
giga-eV are in play, so the source of energy is no mystery. Proton mass is not
quantized.

In the end, until Holmlid’s experiment is better explained as something other
than detection of muons in a situation where SPP are acting on dense hydrogen,
he should be given benefit of the doubt. No?

This would mean that a valid, if not intuitive, explanation for the thermal
anomaly in the glow-type reactor (incandescent reactor) involves muons
interacting catalytically with protons, where the muons appear to be either
created from the reaction, or else do not decay as normal, following the
reaction. This scenario will include a thermal anomaly which does not involved
gamma radiation.

This M.O. leaves open three possibilities for explaining the thermal anomaly –
one which is covered by Storms. He suggests that protons fuse to deuterium,
despite the spin problem, and lack of evidence in the ash. Another possibility
is that SPP formation is inherently energetic – but this is unlikely since SPP
are seen in optoelectronics with no energy gain. My suggestion is simpler and
based on the solar model. It suggests that the catalyzed fusion reaction
happens but is instantly reversible, due to Pauli exclusion. Excess energy
derives from conversion of a portion of proton mass to energy via QCD during
the brief time when the diproton exists as a helium-2 nucleus, before reverting
to two protons and a renewed muon.

Until there is evidence of deuterium in the ash we have an ongoing debate in
which the physical evidence favors one argument over the other.

From: Bob Cook

Eric--

Note my comment to Jones before I read your questions.

Bob

From: Eric Walker <mailto:eric.wal...@gmail.com>

Jones Beene  wrote:
    D+D + muon → helium-4 + muon (instead of gamma)
… where the fist muon can be a cosmic muon which can catalyze a reaction and
then be rejuvenated, renewed or replaced by the same fusion reaction that it
catalyzes.
The muon is a “heavy electron” with a short life, but now we can surmise that
it can have its lifetime greatly extended as part of the catalysis. The
probability for this to occur is larger than zero, but how large? … “Maybe it’s
pretty high” says Byrnes. Can it explain the lack of gamma, as well? Probably.
But now, as we are learning – this rebirth effect will be more robust with SPP
and fractional hydrogen.
A muon could possibly carry away as kinetic energy the energy that would
otherwise go to a gamma.  But if we're talking about a single muon, how do you
propose that the spin of the missing photon is conserved?

Eric