Hi,
[snip]
>That being said, a lot of people think that quarks exist with fractional unit
>charges.  I do not.   Specifically I do not classify a quark as a  real
>division of charge,  since they do not seem to exist by themselves.  I think
>that the suggestion fractional charges—quarks—are real is associated with the
>necessary  geometry of associated real charges in a group of close electrons
>and positrons as occur in a nucleus.

If quarks do exist, then the fractional charge may be correlated with the number
of dimensions involved, e.g. a 1/3 charge may be related to motion in 1
dimension, 2/3 with 2 dimensions, and a full unit of charge with motion in 3
dimensions. This is just a guess - an attempt to make sense of the World.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk