Interesting final question Eric.  If in fact the heavy magnetic remains
suspended then yes.  On the other hand there is a mechanism that might result
in the magnet being able to move slowly downwards through the tube.  The
complete system includes an additional loss factor associated with eddy
currents flowing within the magnet body.  The counter current flowing within
the super conductor causes it to produce a magnetic field that penetrates the
body of the permanent magnet.

If we assume that the magnet moves slowly within the tubing, then a current
will be induced within the magnet itself that can convert gravitational
potential energy of the magnet into heat.  If this mechanism applies, which
seems likely, then energy would be conserved as is required by the laws of
physics.   In the earlier thought experiment I was assuming an ideal model of a
permanent magnet that has zero volume conductivity.   A real world magnetic
should slowly fall within a super conducting tube as the magnet converts its
gravitational potential energy into internal heat energy.

An interesting experiment would be to actually place a permanent magnet within
a super conducting tube and see how it responds.  If the magnet has zero volume
conductivity, it will remain frozen within the small tube.  On the other hand,
if the magnet has current induced within its resistive body by the field
originating within the super conducting tube, it will fall at some constant
rate.

Eric, we are conducting a thought experiment during this discussion instead of
actually performing a real experiment.  Unless all of the possible secondary
effects are taken into consideration it is quite likely that the concepts need
to be adjusted as real data is examined.

When considering the above arguments, I do not agree with your last statement
unless the heavy magnetic actually remains suspended and stationary within the
superconductor.   My thoughts are that this static arrangement is not going to
be observed under real life circumstances.

Dave