Jed, glad you can see that the government cannot just select who is the
expert. I hope you can find the conclusion that it is only people that can
get results. Next conclusion could be; that if people are positioned in a
comfortable way, with very little impact from the result achieved, they
will tend to avoid risk taking. CYA becomes the norm.
Your argument to why the people addressed are the wrong people is very
typical. You can search for ever and never ind the RIGHT person/position as
they are all more or less CYA or as you say they get fired because
revolting.
In other words there is no way we can ask the government what will happen
with the climate. Impact by Exxon, Goldman Sachs and all the others will
impact the response.
Going back to the Paris meeting; do you think there will be anything
positive coming out of that? There is a bunch of politicians, influential
economic interest and a lot of people cashing in perks meeting with a few
scientists. With very few exceptions the scientists has no way of
communicate with the others as the others are as poorly educated in the
subject as I am in regards to the scientific speculations about LENR. Would
you like me to make decisions about how to go ahead with LENR research?

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. (PJM)