This motor is certainly not a perpetual motion machine, but it is an
electrostatic motor.  It bears a striking resemblance to a Wimshurst
generator, which could be used as a motor, and also to Jefimenko's
electrostatic motors.  Electrostatic motors are real - the original
demonstration may not have been faked.  The Earth's electric field varies
from 500V/m to >50kV/m and this can be harvested to do work as Jefimenko
showed with his motors (I have an electronic copy of his book somewhere).

So, this device does have vertical extent and will have an environmental
electrostatic field across it.  If made with sufficiently low rolling
resistance, this field may be enough to power the motor.

Bob Higgins