Here is a new one

https://www.facebook.com/thebatteryisdead/videos/10153398806872672/

"some additional details of the Orbo power cell", Transcribed by Esa Juhani
Ruoho / esaru...@icloud.com / http://lackluster.bandcamp.com/

OK so a lot of people are asking what's the difference between an Orbo power
cell and traditional batteries. Traditional batteries come in two basic forms,
what are known as primary batteries, or disposable batteries, which, once you
have drained the energy, they're disposable, you throw them away - you should
recycle them. Secondary batteries are the types of batteries that you would see
in things like your phone or in power-cubes and so forth. Typically Lithium-Ion
or Lithium-Polymer technology, and the difference is once you've drained the
energy in them, you can actually re-charge them and replenish the energy.

What is common between primary and secondary batteries is that the energy
stored in them - and they are energy storage devices - is stored as a
electro-chemical process. So, the output of these types of batteries in terms
of voltage is ultimately defined by the inherent chemistry that it's using.

What is different about an Orbo power cell, and again, we showed a brief
example of building, hand-building a very simple cell is that, first of all, it
is not an electrochemical device, so there is no ion transfer, there's no
electrolyte and so forth. It is based on the electromagnetic field. And the
second and probably the most difficult to accept aspect of it is that it is an
energy-generating device rather than an energy-storage device.

What we showed in the clip building the tiny, hand-building the tiny little
cell, was a cell that had a voltage, an open-circuit voltage of VOC .3 .4 of a
volt. One of the things that we said as we were building that is that what
makes it peculiar is that as you increase the surface area, the VOC also
increases.

So, what we have here is a hand-built version of the same, which is longer and
wound up a bit like a capacitor, and what we'll demonstrate is that the VOC of
this which is a simply, longer strips of the same materials, is at about 2.5
volts, I think in this case, it's about 2.5, 2.6 volts. That would be an
unexpected result electrochemically, as in, you typically see voltages of 3,7
volts in Lithium-Ion batteries, 1.2 and so forth, and again, if we unwound this
and cut this in half we would find that the voltage itself reduced.

Probably the most interesting aspect to demonstrate that the Orbo power cell is
not a traditional battery is that if you short out a traditional battery for an
extended period of time, ultimately you drain all or virtually all of the
electrochemical energy that's stored in it. And so, if you short it out and
leave it for an extended period of time, remove the short and then measure it,
you'll find that the voltage is either significantly below it's inherent
voltage, or if it's left long enough, it will be series. So, in order to
demonstrate the fundamental difference between an Orbo power cell and the
traditional battery, what we're going to do is short it out, and we're going to
leave it shorted out approximately 30 minutes, and then demonstrate that the
voltage in open-circuit immediately bounces back to this 2.5 odd volts.

So, all that I'm doing here is shorting the positive and negative and as you
can see on the scope, as expected, we go to zero volts or very close to zero
volts, about a few milli-volts which is simply the offset of the oscilloscope
of itself, and we'll leave this running for 30 minutes.

(screen says: (Recorded over 36 minutes))

Ok, so we've had this Orbo power cell shorted out now for I think about 30
minutes. So, what I'm going to do is remove the short, simply pull the wires
apart, and what you'll notice is that we're immediately back to our 2.5 volt
voltage level. What you would expect if this was an energy storage device such
as a capacitor, is obviously we would've drained the capacitor at this stage,
it's been 30 minutes in short circuit - or - if it was a traditional
electrochemical cell, we would see at least some drop-off in voltage, but
probably after 30 minutes, a very significant drop-off of voltage.

What we're really demonstrating here is that unlike a traditional battery, what
Orbo really is is an energy generation technology. In terms of what it looks
like in it's production format, is that we aim for each cell to produce 2 and a
half volts, and our standard Orbo power-cell is a 5 volt device, so it is two
of these, professionally manufactured and encapsulated, that produce 5 volts,
so it's two in series, so again, just to demonstrate that, that if I take the
product-sized version of this, what you can see is a - just over a five-volt
output. Again, 5 volt is chosen because our primary target market for this is
mobile consumer electronics.

In terms of how this type of Orbo power cell is put into a product, what we do
is we will place as many of these as necessary to give a certain power output,
and we use these devices then to trickle charge a standard lithium-ion battery.
Lithium-ion battery will then provide the direct power to the device that we're
powering, so in the case of the O-Cube, behind the USB-electronics is a
Lithium-Ion battery, and trickle-charging the lithium-ion battery is the
sequence of the Orbo power cells.

The Ophone is identical, in that in the case of the phone we have built in a
number of the Orbo power cells. Those power cells continuously charge
Lithium-ion battery. (Whilst) the Lithium-Ion battery then actually powers the
phone directly.

Transcribed by Esa Juhani Ruoho / esaru...@icloud.com /
http://lackluster.bandcamp.com/

Sent from some iDevice. Written by Esa.