more...

http://www.kurzweilai.net/the-web-within-us-minds-and-machines-become-one

There are many new technologies waiting in the wings that will allow this
to happen. Nanotube circuits, for example, are capable of forming extremely
dense three-dimensional arrays of computing elements. A 1 inch cube of
nanotube circuitry would be at least a million times more powerful than the
human brain. Other experimental technologies include three-dimensional
chips, optical computing, crystalline computing, DNA, and quantum
computing. *By 2019, a $1,000 computer will match the processing power of
the human brain–about 20 million billion calculations per second. By 2029,
your average PC will be equivalent to 1,000 human brains.*