Lennart Thornros <lenn...@thornros.com> wrote:

I beg to differ, when it comes to your ability to judge people.
> Your examples - Donald Trump and you?

Read this carefully:

Anyone can say with confidence that I, Jed, speak Japanese better than
Donald Trump does. That is a fact. You can easily confirm it. You can read
Donald Trump's biography on line. You can learn all about him. One thing
you can be sure of is that he does not speak Japanese at all. If he did
speak it, he would brag about that. On the other hand, anyone who knows me
will know that I do speak Japanese.

In other words, when we are talking about a narrowly defined technical
skill, and we know something about two people, we can say with confidence
one is more skilled than the other. I knew how Rossi does calorimetry, and
I know how the people at I.H. do it, and I can say with confidence the
latter are better at it. PLEASE NOTE I am not talking personalities,
motivation, honesty, or anything else. I am talking about skill in
calorimetry.

I do not know Rossi at all.

Whereas I do know him, and I know a lot about his work, and his skills. I
also know about Penon's skills.

> How you know that he will not publish is a mystery to me.

It is a mystery to you, but not to me. But you exaggerate. I did not say *I
know* he will not publish. I said *I doubt* he will.

> I think he will or then he will lose credibility in this case.

I expect he will lose credibility, but it will take time. I expect he will
continue stalling and making excuses for months.

> If it is hard to negotiate with or not depends on who negotiates. In other
> words you could have said that you are not able to negotiate anything with
> Rossi.

I know many people who have negotiated with him. They all say he is
difficult to negotiate with. He is difficult to deal with. I have dealt
with him, and I concur.