On 06/05/2016 07:19 PM, Eric Walker wrote:
On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 6:12 PM, a.ashfield <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    I assume Rossi started his lawsuit as soon as he knew IH were not
    going to pay up.   Someone must have told him that before the ERV
    gave them his report.  This strikes me as very strange unless IH
    had planned on not paying all along.


Do you think Rossi found out IH weren't going to pay up before or after March 11, the date of his JONP comment? If he found out after, he would have needed to prepare for the lawsuit, which was filed on April 5, within 25 days or less. If he found out before, he would have been in the process of working with the lawyer to prepare the lawsuit for filing even as he said to a JONP reader that there was no "divorce" between him and IH, a comment whose reasonable interpretation was that everything was ok between them.

If I had been in Rossi's position I would certainly have lined up a lawyer and done some groundwork before everything hit the fan. Time can be of the essence when claims and counterclaims start flying. From the description of the situation, it seems like a lawsuit was a very likely outcome, and assuming Rossi is rational he might very well have expected it.

"No divorce yet" doesn't in any way imply "I haven't hired a lawyer". Not in a marriage, and not in a situation of contractual default.

 -- SAL

Reply via email to