I wrote:

> Look at Exhibit 5, and also look at what Rossi told Lewan. The temperature
> is just over 100°C and the flow rate is 36,000 kg per day. The pressure is
> 0 bar. It is the same every day, including days when the reactor was shut
> down, according to Exhibit 5.
>
> If you assume there was actually some pressure, then there was only hot
> water, not steam, where the temperature went from 60°C to 100°C. Assume
> there was 20 kW of input power. That's 20,000 J/s = 4,780 cal. . . .

Let me revise this using the numbers from Exhibit 5. Exhibit 5 shows the
water reservoir was 68.7°C and the fluid was 102.8°C, a temperature
difference of 34.1°C.

As described in Exhibit 5, the pressure of 0.0 bar is unlikely because it
would mean the reactor room is in a vacuum. "Given the foregoing, this
would require that the pressure on the JMP side of the building was
significantly below atmospheric (vacuum) and that the steam would flow at
extraordinary velocity."

Let me assume the pressure was a little higher than 1 atm. That means the
fluid was pressurized and it was probably not steam. It was probably hot
water. Assume it was hot water and the temperature increased by 34.1°C.
Input power was 20,000 J/s = 4,780 cal. Divide by 34.1°C gives a flow rate
of 140 g/s. That's 8.41 kg/minute or 12,111 kg/day. The flow meter
indicated 36,000 kg/day, so I estimate it was wrong by a factor of ~3.

As I said, that is not a surprising error, given that the pipe was half
full and it was the wrong kind of flow meter.