a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

"The power calculations depend on the steam being dry, and there's no
> evidence it was."
> No evidence?  How about 102.8C @ atmospheric pressure, according to the
> gauges?

It is not possible this was at atmospheric pressure. If that is what the
gauge showed, it was wrong. I have heard the gauge did not show this.

> "They also depend on the flow meter reading accurately, and there's no
> evidence that it did."
> No evidence?  A sealed, factory calibrated meter doesn't count?

A factory calibration will not help if the meter is the wrong type and it
is used in a pipe half full of water. A factory calibration can only show
that the meter will work right when it is used correctly.