More details...

The function of the electromagnetic shock is to change the state of the
magnetic system so that the spin of that system is converted to anisotropic.

The magnetism inherent to a system like the Golden balls by Cravins is
already anisotropic. There might be other magnetic systems that are
inherently anisotropic.

Anisotropic magnetism is required to instantiate instantons inside the
proton.

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep16184

*Topological, non-topological and instanton droplets driven by
spin-transfer torque in materials with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy
and Dzyaloshinskii–Moriya Interaction*

This article explains how a unbalanced magnetic field can produce an
instanton.