Quantum spin (nanometer level and below) is always in motion, and the anomaly
would be lack of motion - yet at the micro-level self-generated spin as angular
momentum would imply “perpetual motion” if it were a reproducible and
“harvestable” phenomenon. Is there a middle ground

OK, here’s my current puzzlement: is it possible that physics has ignored a
free energy effect within rotational inertia?

For centuries down to You Tube videos today, there have been people claiming
that energy can be extracted from a rotating mass, in one guise or another.  At
present, there are the inertia formulas of Kanarev and the Linevich device.
Related to this, was the Aspden effect actually a free energy effect – in that
it appeared that less energy was required to return a rotating mass back to its
original level of rpm? I understand that a Polish physics group reproduced some
of what Aspden saw, quite easily. And there was something like a field produced
in the Wallace inventions and later, Morgan.

Could rotational inertia be ‘stickier’ or more persistent than calculated? And
if more persistent than thought, could it be used to generate net energy in
adding and subtracting from a rotating mass? Does this relate to angular
momentum in particles?  And magnetism as a form of spin itself?