There is a natural tendency in the formulation of LENR theory to ignore or
flat out deny the existence of outlying or contraindicated  LENR processes
that are generally observed and proven by observation but conflict with
preconceived  notions of LENR reality.

One of these observations is that transmutation of elements in LENR does
not for the most part yield energy: gamma, heat, light, particles, and
loses mass.

These counter indicators include biological transmutation, the associated
very safe and benign environment that LENR occurs in, and the unexplained
loss of mass and/or energy where that loss is absolutely required by any
proposed theory.

I have in mind the production of ferrosilicon in India where an electric
arc processing method transmutes 4.5 tons of iron and silicon each day from
carbon, oxygen and other ambient elements inside the environment of the
electric arc blast furnace.

The outsized amount of transmutation of so much mass every day should
produce enough energy to meet the power needs of Europe for a year, and yet
that huge amount of energy production is not observed.

Transmutation in the LENR reaction for the most part occurs under a state
of quantum mechanical superposition where that energy produced and the mass
exposed to the LENR reaction is permanently lost to our reality.

This argument about hydrogen fusion is pointless because the energy
produced by this reaction is invisible to our observation. The issue is
that the weirdness of quantum mechanics is made manifest to our observation
and we cannot understand that it is happening.