Dear Bob,

We have been through this situation more than once. For some reason people
just can;t believe it. I understand that it is difficult to flush 10 years
of LENR theory down the toilet, but it must be done to get to the truth.

http://coldfusioncommunity.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/244_JCMNS-Vol24.pdf

7. Puzzle of the Missing Nuclear Energy

A worth noting feature of the Silcal observations was that there was no
dramatic change whatsoever in the energy
dissipation. Using the estimated energy release values of 17.13 MeV/atom of
Si or 49.58 MeV per atom of Fe given in
Appendix B, for the postulated nuclear transmutation reactions, it can be
shown that corresponding to 4.25 ton of metal
transmutation, the power generated should have been the equivalent of the
total thermal power generated by hundreds
of 1000MWe nuclear power stations. However, in our plant there was no
evidence of such massive amounts of nuclear
energy being released throughout the 11-week period, giving a handle to the
skeptics to question our claims of ton
level elemental transmutations. In this context it is worth noting that
nobody in published LENR literature (to the
best of our knowledge) has established a clear correlation between the
quantum of transmutation products generated
in carbon arc and the expected nuclear heat release based on atomic mass
considerations. On the other hand neither
has any publication claimed that the Carbon Arc experiment violates
Einstein’s E = mc2 dictum. Thus if indeed the
Silcal transmutation claims are confirmed it would clearly point to the
operation of new Science wherein transmutation
could be occurring without the accompaniment of the expected nuclear energy
release.
In the context of these remarks the arguments of Daniel Szumski elaborated
in his “Least Action Nuclear Process”
(LANP) Theory appear relevant. We learnt about Szumski’s work through his
paper presented at ICCF 20 conference
[13]. Szumski who has taken great pains to analyze in detail the
transmutation observations of George Miley (see
www.LeastActionNuclearProcess.com) argues that both endothermic and
exothermic nuclear reactions can and do occur
concurrently in LENR experiments, partly or wholly cancelling out net
energy release.

*In fact he has referred tosome experimental observations of Mizuno wherein
transmutations have reportedly been observed by him not accompaniedby
energy release.* Szumski is thus not at all surprised by our observation of
“energy neutral” transmutation
reactions