Hi,
When two waves of different frequencies combine the result is a third wave
with a beat frequency corresponding to the difference between the two
original frequencies. A wave model  can show how this happens, but I don't
see how it can bring about the addition of frequencies. Can someone model
this additive process for me?

Harry