Hi Jones,

Some googlin' found Cameron Jones, a fungal expert now in private industry...

https://www.drcameronjones.com/pages/academicpublications

Here's a couple of his papers listed on with /plasmon resonance/:

   JONES, C.L. (2004). Exploiting the Surface Plasmon Resonance Effect
   Using Recordable Compact Discs for Gram-Stain Cell Classification.
   ASM 2004 Annual Scientific Meeting. 26 September-1 October, Sydney,
   Australia. Australian Society for Microbiology. (PP31 – Public
   Health: PP31.3)

   JONES, C.L. (2004). Compact Disc Petri Plates and Chaotic
   Encryption. (Computers). ASM 2004 Annual Scientific Meeting. 26
   September-1 October, Sydney, Australia. Australian Society for
   Microbiology. (P22 – Computers: P22.02)

This paper sounds like plasmon resonance is read with the CD ROM laser diode, and the plasmon activity is on patterns of dots put directly on the CD ROM surface with a disc label printer:

   JONES, C.L. (2004). Keynote Address: Nanotechnology and Molecular
   Scale Music Composition. National Science Week – "Electronic Music
   and Science: A Beautiful Set of Numbers", Experimedia, State Library
   of Victoria. August 19th, 2004. Part I: Remix of Spoken Word Poetry
   (Gordon Taylor) Using The Sierpinski Gasket; Part II: Remix of
   Casionova Using The Casio Disc Title Printer CW-50 Directly Onto The
   CD-R Data Surface; Part III: Remix of Stelarc, Rainer Linz & Digital
   Primate – Prosthetic Head. audio examples

I hope to run across work on plasmon resonance in nano-fibers, to develop a few fibers grown on a glass slide to act as an analog of fluorescence, but in the magnetic domain.  I want a plasmon plane to act as a magnetic pattern enticer in a magnetic bucking design.  The enticer-plane nano-fibers needs to establish an inductive coupling with the flux patterns of an oscillator.  This is only a developing design so far.

I think I've read/seen pictures of platinum nano-fibers grown from solution on a surface.  Any info is appreciated.

Cheers,

Don