Hi,
[snip]
>Well, if it is a problem, I suppose they could use 20 g instead of 100. The
>point is, you only need 1 or 2 g per year. Also, bear in mind there is no
>oxygen in the cell. It cannot explode unless the cell leaks or is
>punctured. It is not likely all the gas will come out at once, especially
>since much of it will be absorbed in a hydride. It takes a while to degass.

This assumes that the Hydrogen is stored in a Hydride. Some may use bottled
Hydrogen.
There is also the potential problem that escaping Hydrogen could accumulate
somewhere, mixed with air forming an
explosive mixture. If it happens to accumulate in the passenger compartment
(e.g. carried in by the aircon), the
occupants may not notice until it is too late (Hydrogen is odorless). Sometimes
smoking kills instantly.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <mixent...@aussiebroadband.com.au>