To many people here restart the long time dead hot fusion dream....

Hot fusion of all forms produces high energy  (> 10MeV) neutrons. These carry away most reaction energy. But there is no way to harvest it. Except in a very thick wall as very low grade temperature...

Research like ITER simply is fraud.

Livermore laser ignition is a military project aiming at simulating the first compression step in a thermonuclear bomb. Talking about breakthrough in energy production is just obscuring the reality to harvest Christmas goodwill...

Use solar with battery and stay independent.

J.W.