Hi,
[snip]
> Even so - isn't it true that the bottom line is that it will be far cheaper
> to make solar cells, given the abundance of silicon on the moon - and get
> electrical power that way compared with fusion.
>
>Far far far cheaper.

There may be a few places near the poles of the Moon where the Sun always
shines. Note however that, at the equator, the
Lunar night is two weeks long. So without a very large energy storage system
the Solar cells may not be much use.
A working fusion reactor would provide constant power, and the mine could also
potentially provide fuel for a fusion
powered shuttle to colonize the Solar system. Only a small percentage of the
mass of such a shuttle would need to be
devoted to fuel, and it could accelerate/decelerate at 1 g providing for both a
comfortable and fast trip.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how long Solar cells last on the Moon, given constant
bombardment by high energy particles.
[snip]
Cloud storage:-

Unsafe, Slow, Expensive