Michel Jullian wrote:
 > How can you produce an opposing voltage in a
_closed_ non-resistive current loop?

Michel, lol, you are tying yourself up in a knot
something terrible.  A current loop is
not closed.  It seems you understood this, "It should
indeed be attracted and accelerated
towards the short-circuited current loop so KE will be
gained"   If the electro-magnet is
magnetically attracted to the current loop then the
current loop is an open magnetic
field, surprise.  This is too funny, a current loop by
itself is not closed.

If you are talking about a toroid, where the magnetic
field is closed then there will be
no magnetic attraction.

This is getting silly.  Perhaps someone is simply
trying to waste my research time.
Heavens forbid, we wouldn't want someone giving the
world "free energy."  That could
temporarily cause world chaos economically and result
in a beautiful and stabilized system.

Regards,
Paul Lowrance

*standard* physics

 >> Michel Jullian wrote:
 >>> Your new experiment (attraction rather than
 >> alignment) simplifies things somehow (no
 >> torque, just linear acceleration), but let's stick
 >> the non-wire-resistive loop shall
 >> we, it makes things simpler, and closer to the
 >> electron orbit or spin counterpart you are
 >> comparing it to.
 >>> 1/ Using an external current source, let's start
 >> constant current through the loop.
 >>> 2/ Zero wire resistance, zero radiation
resistance,

 >> I would question that such a thing is even
 >> theoretically possible for an electro-magnet.
 >> Perhaps it is possible in another reality where
light
 >> travels instantly and hence no far
 >> field. Or perhaps if the electro-magnets entire
closed
 >> loop is a 1-dimensional point, but
 >> how do you have a closed "loop" with zero length.
At
 >> best it could be another reality,
 >> but not our reality.
 >>

 >>> constant current so zero auto-induced voltage
 >> -L*di/dt, so zero voltage drop. This
 >> means we can connect the loop back on itself and
 >> remove the current source without
 >> stopping the current ok? Let's do that, so that
loop
 >> voltage will remain zero for ever,
 >> and define this as time zero for the energy
balance.
 >>> 3/ Now let's release the magnet. It should indeed
 >> be attracted and accelerated towards
 >> the short-circuited current loop so KE will be
gained,
 >> but how could the energy be drawn
 >> from the loop if voltage is zero?
 >>

 >> Michel, for the most part the amount of energy
 >> contained in the current loop depends on
 >> its inductance and current. That is what maintains
the
 >> current. The current decay depends
 >> on resistance, which you say is zero (no wire or
 >> radiation resistance). So in your example
 >> the current would remain constant if left alone.
 >> There are other minor factors, but by
 >> far that's the main factor.
 >>
 >> As the magnet accelerates (angularly or linearly)
 >> the current loop it produces an
 >> opposing voltage in such current loop, which
decreases
 >> the current loops current. During
 >> that span of time such opposing voltage is
 >> "resistance" on the current loop, as indeed it
 >> removes energy from the current loop.
 >>
 >> If the two objects continue to accelerate long
enough
 >> then the current loops current will
 >> decay to zero amps. In such a case the two objects
are
 >> no longer magnetically attracted,
 >> but they will continue to move depending how much
 >> momentum is left, which will generate
 >> negative current in the current loop. This will
cause
 >> the two objects to repel, and you
 >> end up with two objects oscillating back and forth
 >> *until* the energy is dissipated, which
 >> will happen.
 >>
 >> During each oscillation the electro-magnet could
use
 >> such gain KE from the current loop as
 >> it so desires. It could store such energy in a
battery
 >> for example, in which case the two
 >> objects would quickly slow down until all the
energy
 >> is removed from the current loop.
 >> The longest the two objects could oscillate would
 >> depend how much energy is radiated
 >> simply from the two objects moving in space.  A
moving
 >> magnetic field generates radiation.
 >>

 >> So as you can see, energy is indeed moved from one
 >> source to the next at the moment it is
 >> required.  No magical PE required. :-)
 >>

 >> Regards,
 >> Paul Lowrance