Michel Jullian wrote:
---
> I'll agree with Paul for once, LTSpice is truly excellent, not only free but also one of the most accurate and fastest Spice implementations around. A must have for anyone involved in EE. Graphical interface a bit surprising at first, but quite efficient when you get used to it.
>
> Can't vouch on how well (how randomly) it deals with noise though, errare programmerum est, plus one must not forget that such sotware produces another source of noise, namely computational noise, which may not be as random as the simulated one, and may be quite significant if you're looking at femtovolts.
---

That's true. Example, if one's working with frequencies up to 1 GHz then they would want to set the maximum time step to no higher than 0.1 ns.

For Charlie's application or anyone working with this technology would want to implement LTSpice's ability to read from a file. The user would record *real* thermal noise to a .wav file, which LTSpice would use as a source-- Very nice feature!

Regards,
Paul Lowrance

LTSpice