Jones;

Why play with him, he is only learning to spread his wings?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jones Beene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 2:08 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: [Vo]: Re: Loop closed? (was Re: High efficiency electrolysis)

Michel Jullian wrote:

>> My scheme simply can NOT work as I realized before I even posted it,
because
>> the absolute max efficiency of a heat pump, which depends only on the
absolute
>> temperatures of the hot and cold sources, is exactly equal to one over
the
>> absolute max efficiency of a heat engine working with the same
temperature
>> sources (the formulae derive from the W and Q formula Ron gave), so that
if
>> you increase one you decrease the other, and when you multiply the two
the
>> very best you can get is a global COP of... 1.  ;-(

Actually, Michel, no one was fooled by your ruse for a nanosecond, as I
am sure that you must realize but nevertheless, it is interesting to
continue the thread to its logical ending ...

...which is this: what you have stated above in not necessarily true:
i.e "when you multiply the two the very best you can get is a global COP
of 1" ... as you have neglected a very important point.

So let me challenge you: can you find the fault in your own logic?

Hint: this will involve expanding the formula outside of its local frame
into a larger frame of reference .... somewhat as a microcosm of the
differences between SR and GR.

Jones