On Jun 19, 2007, at 2:00 AM, Nick Palmer wrote:

Why should we need an English major to verify something that is obvious (except to an arrogant troll).

As a side benefit, an English major might recognize "The gentleman doth protest too much." as a paraphrase of "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." from Act 4, Scene 2 of Macbeth. However, I suspect we might benefit more from a math major to delve into the vast and arcane, but very useful, world of fuzzy logic. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzzy_logic

OTOH, an English major might expand on the definition and Norse etymology of the word "troll". See:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/troll

"A person who posts to a newsgroup, bulletin board, etc., in a way deliberately intended to anger other posters and to start arguments, or otherwise disrupt the group's intended purpose."

Regards,

Horace Heffner