I wish people would refrain from doing these grand orchestrated introductions. Two reasons:

1. It might fail, and thereby backfire.

2. It seems like something P. T. Barnum would do, rather than science.

A series of low-key, matter-of-fact demonstrations in the laboratory would be better. This is how Edison introduce the incandescent light to the public. He strung lights outside the lab, and people came to see them at night. He overcame enormous resistance from the establishment. He did not try to defeat the naysayers in a single day, but gradually, over a period of weeks.

There have been a few single, grand demonstrations that instantly convinced large numbers of people, notably:

Westinghouse's unplanned demonstration of the airbrake during a test run, in which the train narrowly avoided colliding with a wagon on the tracks.

Wilbur Wright's flight in France on August 8, 1908, which convinced the Europeans.

Orville Wright's flight of September 3, 1908, which convinced Americans and Pres. Roosevelt's son. The Americans paid no attention to the European press, which was already gaga over the Wrights.

The plutonium fission bomb test of July 16, 1945, and the uranium bomb attack on August 6, 1945. The latter was more-or-less a sure thing in the minds of most physicists, but I think there were some doubts about the feasibility of implosion bombs. This is kind of history we could do without.