Hi Frank,
[snip]
>The intent of the experiment was to form a Bose condensate of deuterons by
>increasing the strength of the phonons that bind the condensate.  I believe
>that my 1.094 megahertz-meter relationship describes the frequency of the
>binding phonons.
[snip]
If your intent is to increase the strength of the phonons, why not use sound for
the stimulation, i.e. attach an ultra-sound generator to the wire, and stimulate
it at the desired frequency? It may be easier to tailor the length of the wire
to the frequency of the generator than the other way around. (start with wire
that is a little too long, then you can slowly reduce it to the correct size -
perhaps even using an adjustable clamp to change the natural frequency - as with
a violin or guitar).

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

The shrub is a plant.