OrionWorks wrote:

> I assume you mean a steam generator rather than, say, a thermoelectric
> generator, which is less efficient.

Didn't someone donate a Stirling engine to the BLP cause awhile ago? I
wonder if that setup could be used to increase efficiency.

Stirling engines are inefficient. All small engines are, but as far as I know, conventional steam turbines are the best. I don't know what the smallest one is.

The Chinese make many small water turbine generators that produce a few hundred watts I think. They are about the size of a coffee pot. They are used in remote villages to power LCD televisions and satellite dishes, so that Chinese people everywhere can watch government propaganda.