(PDT):
Hi,
[snip]
>If it is assumed that the hydrogen is produced by passing 1 amp of current for
>96,494 seconds (1 Faraday = 96,494 coulombs) at 1 volt, then the energy needed
>is ~96.5 kJ. That same 1 gram of H2 is capable of releasing 285kJ during the
>combustion process with oxygen.

This is the key faulty assumption. It is not 1 V. It is 1.48 V (and that is per
hydrogen atom, not per molecule). Hence the energy input is at least 2 x 1.48 x
96.5 kJ = 285 kJ, i.e. just what you get out of burning it.
Sorry, no free lunch.

Everyone I have met that looks at this issue seems to be under the false
impression that the "secret" is something "obvious". It isn't.

There is considerable anecdotal evidence that something extraordinary sometimes
happens with this type of cell, but whatever it is, it is not as trivial as
reinterpreting ordinary electrolysis. There must be some additional energy
source involved that is not normally accounted for, and determining exactly what
that energy source is, is the real riddle.

My personal bet is on some form of CF (most likely Hydrino based).

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

The shrub is a plant.