There is a deep geologic and natural mystery in that
"elbow" of the periodic table where elements 17, 18,
and 19 reside.

Fred Sparber has often mentioned the various anomalies
found here - wrt argon and potassium; but chlorine is
an integral part of that same mystery, too.

IMHO one of the best kept secrets of the Manhattan
project, still not widely appreciated today, is the
incredible photo-reactivity of chlorine.

Anytime I have mentioned the so-called "Kistiakowsky
trigger" in public, then a few hours latter, I tend to
hear a faint buzzing sound in the sky nearby--
probably just the "hissing of summer lawns" ...

Jones