Hi,
[snip]
>Regarding battery chargers, I suspect the trend will lean toward " exchange"
>plug in batteries  easily remove-install stations and moble services set up
>for this purpose.
[snip]
If batteries are used that can be 80% recharged in 5 minutes, then they could be
almost completely recharged while the driver was in the supermarket. Most people
spend more than 5 minutes shopping anyway. However that requires the transfer of
a lot of energy in a very short period, i.e. how recharging power. Because one
doesn't want to use expensive and awkward heavy cables, this high power also
needs to be low current. The implication is that it needs to also be high
voltage.

Michel suggested power transfer from a loop in the ground, but I could foresee
problems with this. e.g. how do you know you won't also be supplying power to
the car in the parking slot next to yours at the same time?

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

The shrub is a plant.