Hi,
[snip]
>Particle physics = QM, so QM reactions means... reactions, right?
>
>What I mean is:
>
>D nuclei in ambient conditions D2 has some non-zero fusion rate.
>
>The nuclei of a D-deuterino molecule must have a much higher fusion rate due
>to the low orbit screening electron. How much higher, Robin, do you know?

I posted an email to this forum recently with a formula for you to play with. ;)

>Wouldn't it be so much higher that significant fusion would have been noticed
>everywhere such a molecule is supposed to form?

Individual molecules are extremely small, and even individual fusion events
release very little energy on a human scale. Consider that there are many
thousands of K-40 decay events taking place in your body every second, yet you
are completely oblivious to this.

IOW even nuclear events need to happen on a considerable scale before we notice
them.

[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk