--- Michel Jullian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree that if hydrinos exist, they are an easy
> explanation for cold fusion. The problem IMHO is
> that it is too easy maybe, shouldn't we expect
> hydrinos or deuterinos to fuse systematically, even
> in non-CF conditions?

Not really. IMHO both situation are *QM reactions* and
require precise, but differing, tunneling or capture
conditions.

Even under precise conditions:

QM = *low probability* ... and the main advantage of
deuterium is that the charge of the nucleus is "partly
shielded" by the neutron and therefore may have a
higher probability of participation in certain
reactions which differ from those of protium.

I have been reading Mills' and Stolper's (Mills'
biographer and a recommended book)... objections to
this cross-identity with LENR and find the objections
unconvincing, and more of a public relations gesture
than anything else (and understandable from that
perspective) ... but it is clear that Mills'
supporters think that he can do no wrong, and refuse
to believe that he could be (at once) "mostly correct
and significantly incorrect". Same for the other side.

Jones