Yeah right on John.

Christ, 2.10am watching Terminator 2 and a funding interview tomorrow! Guess
I think subconsciously that nothing will come of it.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Steck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 September 2008 01:57
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:GM Chevy Volt at CalCars

Kind of a silly question.  We have enough natural resources here to stop
importing foreign oil any time we want.  We just don't really want to.  Our
actions, not our pontificating give that away.

The grand irony is I believe the enviro-fascists are the biggest culprits
who keep us locked into this dependency mode.  They have successfully
prevented developing any/all domestic production capacity of any kind for
over 30 years.  Even 'clean' hydro, wind, solar are blocked because of the
habitat impact on some flipping lizard, tadpole, bat, snail, or obscure
prairie plant.  Last time I checked evolution is not anywhere near that
considerate... adapting to sudden extreme change is par for the course, not
the exception.

That said, I hope we really are heating up the planet (though I know it is
hubris to think so).  We are going to need to dump as much methane & CO2 as
we can into the atmosphere just to temper the severe climate changes the
coming reduced solar output and pending ice age are going to bring in the
next century.  Our grandkids will thank us some day.

I also place blame at the feet of the pathological liberalists amongst us
who have no concept of (or who are in complete denial of) basic economic,
technological, and scientific principals; supply and demand, cause and
effect, premise and conclusion, structured problem solving, etc.  Very quick

to tell me how I must limit my life 'for the greater good', but adamant
about the messy bits of their utopian plan not any where near their
backyard.  How many of the do-gooders would still gladly switch to plug-ins
if it meant a nuke plant needed to be built at the end of their street to
feed the little beasties?  I think we all know the answer to that... NIMBY!

Oil is not the enemy.  It's just a convenient target of the truly ignorant.
You want energy independence?  Attack the most dangerous members of our
society who stand in the way of it 'for the greater good'.

-j