Jed -

>> environmentalists have no influence over oil companies.

You're making a joke here, right? Then who was it behind implementing all
our laws reflecting environmental concerns re pipelines & transport,
available drilling locations offshore and otherwise, refinery locations,
construction and modification permits, refined fuel formulas, "Global
Warming" etc. etc.? The Saudis? OPEC?

Maybe it was the oil companies themselves so they could run the price up due
to artificially constrained supply because of "environmental concerns"
through laws created for those reasons. But then we just had a discussion
about Hanlon's razor, so I don't know...

- Rick