From: leaking pen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 September 2008 22:27
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:"Here comes $500 oil"

The issue in large part is just that, processing.  Most people at or
under the poverty line here in Phoenix live in a place that has a
refrigerator, and MAYBE a stove top, no oven.  A mircowave, as those
are pretty cheap, and quick.  Food processor, blender?  Things like
that to prepare food are expensive, and worse, TIME CONSUMING.  If
you're working two 40 a week jobs, you barely have time to SLEEP, let
alone prepare a meal.  And you don't have a spouse staying at home
prepping one, they work two, just to pay for everything.

So what are you left with?  Preproccessed, already prepared food, and
fast food. Which is to say, foods high in high fructose corn syrup and
hydrogenated oils and proccessed fats.  Unhealty.  The cost of the
food be damned, its the TIME cost of eating healthy.  (You're also
ignoring demand and volume, and the change on price and cost through
that, tied into marketing)