Hi,
[snip]

My initial point was that Michel's explanation of jet formation was unlikely to
be correct IMO, because there is little or no matter ejected at an angle between
that of the disc and that of the jet. His explanation made use of the
supposition that the gravitational field of the disc was perpendicular to it,
and I was pointing out that that wasn't so.
In short, I still don't see how the slingshot effect can provide an adequate
explanation for the jets.
The only comment I made about your theory, was to point out that the disc is not
infinite.

>On Oct 12, 2008, at 1:24 PM, Robin van Spaandonk wrote:

>> -0800:
>> Hi,
>> [snip]
>>> This is because the electric field about an infinite plane of uniform
>>> charge is given by:
>>>
>>>    E = a rho/(2 * epsilon_0)
>>>
>>> so it is just a matter of applying the gravimagnetic isomorphism to
>>> obtain the result.  In both formulations rho includes the sign of
>> [snip]
>>

>> ....however in reality, the plane is not infinite. In fact if you
>> look at real
>> galactic jets, the jet usually extends much farther out into space
>> than the
>> diameter of the accretion disc.
>
>Sure, but that is probably irrelevant to the mechanism which creates
>the near light speed jets.  Such a mechanism must occur very close to
>the black hole.  Once the near light speed jets are formed there the
>effect of the BH or disk at great distance is likely moot, true? In
>any case, a model of jets which includes negative mass charge
>creation by black holes seems to me to make much more sense.
>
>BTW, congrats on the All Ordinaries being up 3% at the moment. A
>propitious sign for all markets Monday I hope.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Horace Heffner
>http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/

Regards,