Ed sez:

....                 As you say, it is another
way to build a hybrid. However, this one has two engines, one running
from compressed air and another running using gasoline to pump more
air into the first engine.  Is compressing air more efficient than
putting electric energy in a battery?  I think not.

I wuz wonderin the same thing. OTOH, for interstate traveling could
they use the ICE to get the vehicle up to interstate speeds then cruze
100% on the compressed air tank for extended distances? Seems to me
that such a configuration ought to be be more fuel efficient that what
we do now.

I'd love CAV technology to get at least a fair shake. That seems
likely since the article goes on to say:

> There will be plants in nearly every state, based on the
> number of drivers in the state. California will have as many
> as 17 air car manufacturing plants, and there'll be around 12
> in Florida, eight in New York, four in Georgia, while two in
> Connecticut will serve that state and Rhode Island.

OTOH, like Ed, the first blogger (posted by "Nomen" at the end of the
report) did seem to express a number of valid doubts and criticisms.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks