I'll work it out for you tomorrow after I've done some main work. I map out
how I will calculate in the morning.

It's not that trivial and runs something like this, with these assumptions:

A) Big tank, connected by isolating valve to small cylinder of the engine.
B) Consider run between tank and cylinder is small (no volume) but we can
ascribe temperature to both tank and cylinder.

1) Cylinder TDC no volume for argument's sake. Start at P1 V1 T1
Expand adiabatically (quick) to P2 V2 T2
Calculate the work

2) Middle, P2 V2 T2
Isolate tank. So tank at P2 V1 T2
Cylinder at P2 V2a T2   V2a = V2 - Vtank = V2 - V1

Let cylinder expand adiabatically to P3 V3 T3

Calculate the work. This is part of the engine output

3) Bottom. Let cylinder vent to atmosphere so Pa V4 T4 in another adiabatic
(quick process)

Calculate the work. This is the remainder of the engine output

So the above is like the little kernel of a subroutine to calculate output
in ONE cycle if you know the end points.

The assumptions about adiabatics and polytropic processes I need to watch
carefully.

Both tank and cylinder run cold below Ta (ambient).
Let's say the tank is lagged. The cylinder isn't and has a heat flux coming
in from Ta. Let's say it reaches some STEADY temperature below Ta but above
Ttank.

Run the calculation and see how the tank cools and see how the power output
of the engine falls in time.

Now model some heat flux into the tank at STEADY state and run the steady
state calculations between start conditions and end to work out the engine
power.

Now see how with regenerative braking that in stop-start situations we can
raise the temperature of the tank and recover waste energy. It arrests it
tendency to get colder and colder as it does work there by prolonging the
lifetime of the charge. You've seen it say when you empty a calor gas
cylinder it gets a crust of ice around it (also liquid to gas phase change).
If the cylinder is warm the gas will spew out faster and that is what is
driving the compressed air engine.

It's a little bit involved but if you have the engineering intuition you
have probably seen what I'm getting at already but if you are Jones
has-Beene-never-was you just insult people to gain cheap points.