On Mon, 8 Jun 2009, Mark S Bilk wrote:

> So anyone who speaks out against U.S. government policies is well
> justified in doing so anonymously.  In this case anonymity does _not_
> mean:
>
> >>"probably criminal element" ..."teenager," or "newbie user."

Then I'll permanently ban him from both lists, as well as everyone else
who attempts to make that sort of politics the central feature of
vortex-L.  He can quietly come back with a real name, talk science, and
make no attempt to attract the FBI to the vortex forum.

And I suggest you think twice about making excuses for such slimy
dishonest behavior.  There are THOUSANDS of very serious problems in the
world, and self-promoters invariably use this fact as an excuse to push
their personal agendas into forums devoted to other subjects.  Get rid of
all the science here?  Since you personally have FAR more important topics
that need to dominate the discussions?  But note well that the people
trying this are never creating their own forums and calling for users.
Instead they invade other lists and ignore the existing community while
hiding their intent behind dishonest excuses.  It's a common Troll trick.

Take such discussion to your own new forum, or to any number of politics-
centered lists, or just vtxB, keep it OFF this one.

After a few weeks or months this idea might sink in, and we can go back to
normal.

In the mean time:  producing ionizing radiation with light water
electrolysis: simple enough for a school science fair, but nobody bothers
to give it a try:

  http://pages.csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/368TGP_oriani.pdf

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci