>From Terry:

> http://www.steorn.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=61849&page=1#Item_0

The steorn saga has been a real education for me.

Whether it is naivety on my part or not, I was willing to give the
benefit of the doubt to Steorn's engineers in assuming that they had
accurately detected an energy/force anomaly in their ORBO technology.
However, assessing these latest comments would seem to suggest to me
that my trust may have been misplaced, perhaps badly so. If so it is
not Steorn's fault, by my own alone. I still find what seems to be
transpiring hard to reconcile within myself because my own common
sense would seem to suggest to me that Steorn's engineers couldn't
have been *that* stupid or so utterly self-deluded that couldn't have
detected mistakes in their measurements. However, from my own personal
experience I have to make the confession that once one has acquired a
strong personal BELIEF in the existence of a particular process, any
sense of objectivity pertaining to actual evidence that supports that
BELIEF (or more importantly, the lack of actual evidence) is in danger
of being parsed through the filters of one's personal beliefs.

The results: The alleged explanations (excuses?) from Steorn's that
the test rigs were too complicated and expensive to replicate, or that
Steorn was attempting to build a "simplified" version might sound
reasonable at first glance - perhaps for a while. However, as best as
I can tell there simply doesn't seem to have EVER been any hard
published data for which the jury could sink their teeth into. No
wonder the jury eventually threw up their hands and left a sinking
ship.

In Zen-like philosophical terms, this does look to me to be a good
example of the folly of what happens when one allows oneself to
worship a belief, or as in this case: a belief in a "process" or
"technology". Creating beliefs are not in themselves bad or evil.
Beliefs are simply tools we all end up crafting throughout our lives
to help us negotiate our way through the universe we operate in. The
problem is when we allow ourselves to identify our very existence, the
innermost part of our soul, too closely with a belief we have
personally manufactured. All too often we tend to forget the subtle
fact that we were the ones who came up with the belief(s) we subscribe
to in the first place. We forget that we are responsible for creating
all the false-gods we worship. We subsequently don't notice our
incessant attempts to continuously prop them up on a pedestal, for we
literally fear that if they were allowed to topple, so will our very
soul.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com