Stephen A. Lawrence wrote:

The Steorn engineers are not self-deluded.

They're dishonest.

Fraudulent.

I have not been following the story. Is there evidence that they benefited financially? It isn't a fraud unless someone is defrauded.

People have claimed the Mills is a fraud, but I see zero evidence for that. He has collected millions of dollars, but it has been spent on laboratory equipment and salaries. If he was dishonest he would take the money and run, instead of spending it on mass spectrometers. Is there evidence that the people at Steorn have collected money and not spent it on research? Or that they paid themselves more than a typical researcher might earn? If there is no evidence for this, and if most of the money has been spent, then I suppose it is not fraud.