2009/9/16 Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <a...@lomaxdesign.com>:
> At 03:43 AM 9/16/2009, you wrote:
>>
>> Afterthought: independently of whether this is a typo, the fact that
>> gold gives strongest results should make us lean towards gold or gold
>> plated wire for the CFP (ColdFusionProject) cathode, don't you think
>> Abd?
>
> I'd like to see as much information as possible from those with experience.

Reading the TGP documents seems the best way to get such info.

> Certainly gold is an option, it's a little cheaper than platinum. Plating
> over some sturdy substrate makes sense to me. A palladium substrate, i.e.,
> palladium wire, would, I'd think, suck deuterium from the surface, and would
> thus slow down loading.

Yes, good point, it would make sense that the less H permeable the
material, the better for co-dep, even if there are other criteria.
Palladium as cathode wire material must definitely have been a typo in
the TGP protocol, I did some googling and found no other reference to
that in Galileo Project experiments, whereas I found several mentions
of using platinum.

Anyway, if gold is cheaper than platinum and gives better results
(notably more tracks on the back side of the chip, attributed to
neutron induced proton recoil, have you seen that in the reports?),
the choice isn't hard to make IMHO.

Michel